You can rename sections of the left-hand navigation and reorder the navigation from within the Navigation section of Configuration.
To find the Navigation area, please see our article called Configuration: The Fundamentals. This article will pick up from inside the Navigation section. You must be an Administrator with access to Settings to access the Configuration options.
Changing Navigation Terms
You can change four of the words in the left-hand navigation, as well as any instance of the corresponding word that appears throughout the interface. The four alterable default words are:
- Supplier: used throughout the interface for vendor's that provide your organisation with products or services
- Annual Value: used throughout the interface to indicate a monetary worth
- Team: used throughout the interface to categorise your organisation's users and departments
- Project: used throughout the interface to associate suppliers and contracts to specific projects
- Category: used throughout the interface to associate suppliers and contracts to specific categories
- Event: used throughout the interface to provide notifications for important dates and reminders
To edit one of the words, click the pencil icon to the right of the term. On the next screen, type in your Translation, and click Save.
At this time, only these two words can be changed. These two were chosen because they are those most often referred to with differing common terminology dependent upon the country or industry a user is in.
For example, in some industries, the common terminology is Supplier while in others it is Vendor. In this case, you might want to change Value to Cost. In a case of dealing with Customer contracts, you’d want to change the word Supplier to Customer and you may want to change Value to Revenue.
Enabling Dynamic Navigation
You can allow users to reorder the application navigation items with the flip of a switch in the Navigation section of the interface.
After enabling the function, you’ll see the dynamic feature in the navigation bar.
To view fewer navigation items, click the down arrow to the right of the word Less. This will roll up the navigation.
To then see all of the navigation, click More and the navigation list will roll down.
Configuring Your Dynamic Navigation
To change the order of the navigation, click the lock icon to unlock the navigation. Then, click on any navigational item, and drag it to where you want it to be within the list. Once you have your navigation ordered to your liking, click the checkmark to save. You also have the option to restore the default order of the list by clicking the back arrow. Every User of your organisation will be able to dynamically change their own navigation so that it’s in the order that makes the most sense to them.
Set Default Dynamic Navigation For All Users
You can set a default Dynamic Navigation that is the default for all users, both, new and existing. This helps to simplify the user experience by only showing the areas of Gatekeeper that are relevant to your team in the left-hand navigation menu. Users can still edit this to suit their own personal preference.
NOTE: You must be an Administrator with access to Settings to access these Configuration options.
Follow these steps to set the default navigation for all users:
- Firstly, the administrator must configure their own left hand navigation in the same way that they want all users to be configured (see above).
- Once this is done go to Settings > Configuration > Navigation, Charts & Email and click the ‘View’ button
- A pop-up window with two options, Apply to New users and Apply to All users, will show:
- Clicking the Apply to New Users button sets the default navigation for new users only. This will only affect newly invited users to the tenant. Users can then modify their configuration from the new default view. This will not influence the current users already registered - they will keep their own navigation settings.
- Clicking on Apply to All users button sets the default navigation for all users. This way, you can set the default navigation for all users on your tenant, existing and newly added users, including admins. If there are more admins in the company, the last applied configuration will be set as default.