This article describes the steps required to add a Supplier/Vendor to Gatekeeper via the User Interface.
In this article:
- Where to create a Supplier/Vendor
- Adding the core Supplier Data
- Supplier Dates
- RAG Status
- Custom Data
Where to create a Supplier/Vendor
The initial steps to creating a Supplier/Vendor are Supplier/Vendor > Add > Supplier/Vendor
From here, Gatekeeper will guide you through the step-by-step process of adding a Supplier/Vendor.
You must have Administrator access rights to create a Contract directly in the repository.
Adding the core Supplier Data
For this step, the following mandatory data is added:
- Supplier Name: Name of the Supplier
- Status: Pipeline, Live or Archived
- Pipeline - A Contract that has not yet been executed
- Live - A currently Live Contract that has not surpassed its End Date
- Archived - A Contract that has surpassed its End Date and is no longer required
- Type: Type of Supplier
- E.g. Strategic, Operational, Transport, Hospitality
- Approval: Awaiting Approval, Approved or Rejected
- Awaiting Approval - A Supplier/Vendor that has not yet been approved
- Approved - A Supplier/Vendor that has been approved
- Rejected - A Supplier/Vendor that has been rejected
In addition, there are non-mandatory fields that can be populated should you wish to decorate the record with additional relevant information:
- Stock Symbol
- Country of Registration
- Company Registration
- External id
Note: if you have already set up some Custom Data Fields, they will be made available to you to populate at this stage.
Once this data has been created, you can select Save & Next to decorate the record further.
- Financial Year End - The financial end-of-year for this Supplier/Vendor
- Relationship Since - The date of the beginning of your relationship with this Supplier/Vendor
By then selecting Save & Next, you move through to RAG Status.
Apply a Red, Amber, or Green status to the Supplier/Vendor and add a description to explain the rationale behind the decision.
E.g. You have a contractual agreement for goods or services to be provided by the 15th of each month. When this service is late, you can set the Supplier/Vendor to Amber or Red and provide a narrative. Though, the following month the goods or services may be delivered early, in which you can update the RAG status to Green and provide a narrative.
A Supplier can have both internal and external owners, and these can be added and maintained here.
- Internal Owner - The internal owner of the Supplier/Vendor within your business
- Supplier/Vendor Owner - The main point of contact with the Supplier/Vendor (External)
Add Custom Data
If you need to decorate your Supplier/Vendor records with custom data specific to your use case and business, then read our article on how easy that is to set up.