This article describes the process and steps required to perform an export/import process against your contract repository.
This article intends to walk you through:
For a deep dive into the Gatekeeper Core Data Model, please see our Knowledge Base Article here.
Bulk Importing Contracts
The Bulk Import method is best utilised when you have multiple new contracts to be created and do not wish to use the UI to add them.
Getting your Contract data into Gatekeeper efficiently and in bulk is simple. From the Contract List view, you select the Universal Add Button and then the Bulk Import option:
This will direct you to a section of Gatekeeper dedicated to managing your import. Here you can:
- View comprehensive import instructions dynamically tailored to your dataset
- Download a copy of your import template
- Download a copy of your existing data to update it and re-import
- Then, when ready, browse and select the file you wish to import
Furthermore, towards the end of the page, you can view the 'Field by field import rules:
In-built, Gatekeeper has some fundamental controls available by default within all bulk import routines:
- Each contract is assigned a unique Gatekeeper Contract ID, this allows for data to be exported, updated and merged back in, enabling the mass update of Contract data.
- The import routines, instructions and templates are all dynamically updated with any Custom Data you create against a contract.
- Detailed error handling to walk users through the process of correcting their date if and when required.
If you would like further support on getting your Contract Data into Gatekeeper, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Success Team via the Live Chat option within your Gatekeeper tenant.
Bulk Exporting Contracts
Exporting your Contract data from Gatekeeper as a CSV file is very simple.
Tip: Use the top 2 export options to pull data for updating locally and re-import back into Gatekeeper.
- By default, Gatekeeper applies a Status filter of Pipeline & Live, and this sets the pages that can be exported. If you want to change this, please update the Status filter in the upper left area of the page, as required. The options are Pipeline & Live, Pipeline, Live, Archived or All.
- If required, apply 'Sticky Filters' and/or 'Configure columns' to prepare data before export.
- Click 'Export' in the lower right area of the page, choosing from the following options:
- CSV | All Pages - This exports all exportable contract data from all pages and ignores any Filtering and Column configuration
- CSV | Current Page - This exports all exportable contract data from the current page and ignores any Filtering and Column configuration. Note: you can edit the number of Rows on a page from 10 - 50.
- CSV | This View | All Pages - This exports all exportable data from all pages using the current Filtering and Column configuration
- CSV | This View | Current Page - This exports all exportable data from the current page using the current Filtering and Column configuration
Note: If you want to export Supplier Data that you have configured to show on the contract list view, then you must use one of the This View options.