Once a card with a contract draft has transitioned to a phase where the 'Submit Contract Draft' action is enabled, an email notification will be sent to the owner of that phase (see Configuring Workflow Notifications) asking them to review the contract draft. This would normally be the internal or external contract owner.
Reviewing MS Word Drafts
There are 3 options to choose from when reviewing a Contract Draft:
- Submit New Draft: This allows the user to upload a new Microsoft Word document, this can be an edited version of the original Contract Draft or a new document (Which is attached to the email). Depending on your transition settings the Contract Draft is then normally sent to the other party to review along with any comments provided in the submit form.
Note: It is suggested that Track Changes is used when making changes to an existing Contract Draft.
- Accept Draft: This provides the user with the ability to accept the draft and provide comments. Depending on your transition settings the Contract Draft would normally transition out of the eNegotiate phases and on to a Publish Contract Phase, using either Upload PDF or Convert MS Word to PDF actions
- Reject Draft: This provides the user with the ability to reject the draft and provide comments. Depending on your transition settings the Contract Draft would normally transition back to the other party where they can submit a new draft.
In most use cases the Contract Draft would move back and forth between the two parties along with comments when either the “Submit New Draft” or “Reject” options are selected.
Once all changes have been agreed and the Contract Draft is “Accepted”, the Contract Draft would normally move to a “Publish Contract Draft” Phase.
Reviewing GK Editor Drafts
When a draft is generated from a GK Editor template (see creating a contract template here) and requires reviewing, the user will receive an email along with a link to review the draft.
Clicking review draft will take you to a read-only version of the document where you have the following options:
- Approve - You are happy with the draft and do not wish to make any changes (an area with an option to provide comments will appear after clicking).
- Reject - You are unhappy with the draft and do not wish to make any changes (an area with an option to provide comments will appear after clicking).
- Make Changes - This will open up an editable version of the document in GK Editor with track changes enabled, after making all of the changes you wish to make you can then click submit changes to send to the other party for review (an area with an option to provide comments will appear after clicking).