This article covers the bulk exporting and importing options available from the Supplier repository.
Table of contents:
- How do I Customise my Export?
- Where is the Export Option?
- Where is the Bulk Import Option?
- How do I Bulk Import Supplier Data?
- How do I Manage Import Errors?
Exporting your Supplier data from Gatekeeper as a CSV file is very simple, and recommended as the first step when looking to review or update Supplier records en masse.
Note: Exporting a record from Gatekeeper will capture the Gatekeeper ID, which is necessary to update any existing records rather than create new ones.
How do I Customise my Export?
Filter by Status
By default, Gatekeeper applies a Status filter of Pipeline & Live and this sets the pages that can be exported. If you want to change this, please update the Status filter in the upper left area of the page, as required. The options available for filtering are:
- Pipeline & Live Suppliers
- Pipeline Suppliers
- Live Suppliers
- Archived Suppliers
- All Suppliers
Configure Sticky Filter
If needed, apply "Sticky Filters" to prepare data before export. This narrows down the data set, including only the records you desire.
To get started:
1. Click on the "Configure Sticky Filter" icon in the top right.
2. Select any filtering options and be sure to click "Save"
In addition, you've got the option to determine exported columns with "Configure Columns". This allows for a customised field output containing both Core and Custom Fields.
To get started:
1. Click the "Configure Columns" icon in the top right.
2. Select all the fields you'd like to include in your export and "Save".
Note: Remember all of these views are sticky, so once set it will be retained as the user logs out and back into Gatekeeper. Just remove filters or click "Restore default selection".
Where is the Export Option?
The "Export" option can be located in the lower right area of the page.
- CSV | All Pages - This exports all exportable data from all pages and ignores any Filtering and Column configuration
- CSV | Current Page - This exports all exportable data from the current page and ignores any Filtering and Column configuration.
Note: If needed, you can edit the number of Rows on a page from 10, 20, 30 and 50.
- CSV | This View | All Pages - This exports all exportable data from all pages using the current Filtering and Column configuration
- CSV | This View | Current Page - This exports all exportable data from the current page using the current Filtering and Column configuration
Tip: Use the top 2 export options to pull data for updating locally and re-import back into Gatekeeper.
Where is the Bulk Import Option?
Getting your Supplier data into Gatekeeper efficiently and in bulk is simple. From the Supplier List view, just select the green "ADD" Button and then the "Bulk Import" option:
This will direct you to a section of Gatekeeper dedicated to managing your import.
How do I Bulk Import Supplier Data?
After selecting "Bulk Import" in the steps above, you can:
- View comprehensive import instructions dynamically tailored to your dataset
- Download a copy of your blank import template for new record creation
- Easily manage any upload errors with the field by field import rules
In-built, Gatekeeper has some fundamental controls available by default within all bulk import routines:
- Each Supplier is assigned a unique Gatekeeper Supplier ID, this allows for data to be exported, updated and merged back in enabling the mass update of Supplier data.
- The import routines, instructions and templates are all dynamically updated with any Custom Data you create against a Supplier
How do I Manage Import Errors?
Detailed error handling is available in Gatekeeper to walk users through the process of correcting their data if and when required.
If you would like further support on getting your Supplier Data into Gatekeeper, then please do not hesitate to reach out to your assigned Customer Success Manager.