This article covers the bulk exporting and importing options available from the Vendor repository.
Estimated Read Time: 8 Minutes
Our vendor imports service provides you with a streamlined and efficient solution for importing and integrating vendor data into Gatekeeper.
Some of the key benefits of importing vendor data include:
Time savings: Importing data can be a much faster and more efficient way to enter data into a system than manual data entry. This can save time and reduce the risk of errors.
Improved accuracy: By importing data, you can ensure that the data is entered into the system consistently and accurately. This can reduce the risk of errors and help ensure that the data is reliable and useful.
Enhanced data analysis: Importing data can help you collect and organise large amounts of data quickly and easily, which can be useful for data analysis and decision-making.
Table of contents
- How do I Customise my Export?
- Where is the Export Option?
- Where is the Bulk Import Option?
- How do I Bulk Import Vendor Data?
- How do I Manage Import Errors?
Exporting your vendor data from Gatekeeper as a CSV file is very simple, and recommended as the first step when looking to review or update vendor records en masse.
Note: Exporting a record from Gatekeeper will capture the Gatekeeper ID, which is necessary to update any existing records rather than create new ones.
For a deep dive into the Gatekeeper Core Data Model, please see our Knowledge Base Article here.
How do I Customise my Export?
Filter by Status
By default, Gatekeeper applies a Status filter of Pipeline & Live, so your export will only show Pipeline & Live Vendors.
If you also require Archived records to export, you can update the Status filter in the upper left area of the page. The options available for filtering are:
- Pipeline & live vendors
- Pipeline vendors
- Live vendors
- Archived vendors
- All vendors
Filter your data
If required, you can attach filters and configure your column views to export specific data sets.
For a deep dive into all of the filtering options in Gatekeeper, see this Knowledge Base Article.
Tip: If you are exporting your data to be reimported later, we recommend using the CSV | All Pages export option.
Configure Persistent Filter
If needed, apply Persistent Filters to prepare data before export. This narrows down the data set, including only the records you desire.
To get started:
1. Click on the "Configure Sticky Filter" icon in the top right.
2. Select any filtering options and be sure to click "Save"
In addition, you've got the option to determine exported columns with "Configure Columns". This allows for a customised field output containing both Core and Custom Fields.
To get started:
1. Click the "Configure Columns" icon in the top right.
2. Select all the fields you'd like to include in your export and "Save".
Note: Remember all of these views are sticky, so once set they will be retained as the user logs out and back into Gatekeeper. Just remove filters or click "Restore default selection".
Where is the Export Option?
The "Export" option will always be located in the lower right area of the page, below the vendor list view.
- CSV | All Pages - This exports all exportable data from all pages and ignores any Filtering and Column configuration
- CSV | Current Page - This exports all exportable data from the current page and ignores any Filtering and Column configuration.
- CSV | This View | All Pages - This exports all exportable data from all pages using the current Filtering and Column configuration
- CSV | This View | Current Page - This exports all exportable data from the current page using the current Filtering and Column configuration
Tip: Use the top 2 export options to pull data for updating locally and re-import back into Gatekeeper.
Note: If needed, you can edit the number of Rows on a page from 10, 20, 30 and 50.
Where is the Bulk Import Option?
Getting your vendor data into Gatekeeper efficiently and in bulk is simple. From the vendor list view, just select the green Add Button and then select the Bulk Import option.
This will direct you to a section of Gatekeeper dedicated to managing your import.
How do I Bulk Import Vendor Data?
If you have not exported, and need to download a blank template
1. From the vendor list view, select Add > Bulk Import
2. Select Download Template to download a blank version of the template
3. Populate the blank template with data
4. Select Choose File and locate your import sheet
5. Once your file has been chosen, select Upload
6. Finally, select Upload Data to finalise the import
Note: For new records, you must leave the Gatekeeper ID column blank.
If you have exported data for updating:
1. Select Choose File and locate your import sheet
2. Once your file has been chosen, select Upload
3. Finally, select Upload Data to finalise the import
- View comprehensive import instructions dynamically tailored to your dataset
- Download a copy of your blank import template for new record creation
- Easily manage any upload errors with the field-by-field import rules
Note: Be sure to expand the Field by Field Import Rules located at the bottom of the page!
In-built, Gatekeeper has some fundamental controls available by default within all bulk import routines:
- Each vendor is assigned a unique Gatekeeper vendor ID, this allows for data to be exported, updated and merged back in enabling the mass update of vendor data.
- The import routines, instructions and templates are all dynamically updated with any Custom Data you create against a vendor.
How do I Manage Import Errors?
Detailed error handling is available in Gatekeeper to walk users through the process of correcting their data if and when required.
If data errors are present, you will be presented with the below screen that will assist in guiding you through fixing the errors.
Please fix all of the errors in your spreadsheet before attempting to reimport.
If you would like further support on getting your Vendor Data into Gatekeeper, then please do not hesitate to reach out to your assigned Professional Services Consultant.