This article outlines updates to Gatekeeper's core Supplier and Entity Objects starting September 1st 2020.
This article intends to answer the following questions:
- What changes are being made to Gatekeeper?
- What will these changes look like?
- Why is Gatekeeper making these changes?
- What decisions do I need to make?
- When will these changes take place?
- What is being done to safeguard metadata?
- Whom do I contact for help or questions regarding this change?
What changes are being made to Gatekeeper?
We are changing the following fields against the *Supplier and Entity Objects in Gatekeeper:
1. We are adding two fields
- Legal Name
- Registered Address
2. We are renaming one field
- "Company Registration" will be renamed to "Company Number"
3. We are removing four fields
- Country of Registration
- Stock Symbol
Note: *Supplier can be renamed, so you may call this: Vendor, Counterparty, Thirdparty, Customer or similar.
What will these changes look like?
Please see the following screenshots below to understand the before/after impacts of this update:
Supplier Object | BEFORE
Supplier Object | AFTER
Entity Object | BEFORE
Entity Object | AFTER
Why is Gatekeeper making these changes?
We are introducing a range of exciting new features including third-party data feeds that rely specifically on a Legal Name and Registered Address.
Once this update is released, many insightful fields stored against the Supplier and Entity objects can then be auto-populated with rich data including company registry information, risk profiles, and even credit checks!
Note: The utilisation of available third-party data feeds in Gatekeeper will be optional.
What about the existing Supplier and Entity name fields?
The current Supplier and Entity fields will remain unchanged, however, we strongly recommend they are used as the Doing Business As (DBA) fields. In many cases, a company has a Legal Name and a Doing Business As (DBA) Name. In our case, these are:
- Legal Name = Cinergy Technology Ltd
- Doing Business As (DBA) = Gatekeeper
Note: If a Supplier or Entity does not have a Doing Business As (DBA) name, the fields can be used for a short name or contain the Legal Name instead.
What decisions do I need to make?
Gatekeeper will make the following data changes on your behalf unless you tell us not to:
- Legal Name - will be populated by copying the values from the Supplier / Entity names.
- Registered Address - the country element will be populated by migrating the value from the Country of Registration field.
Note: If you already have an address field which you would like us to migrate to the new "Registered Address" field, please let us know.
- Stock Symbol, Linkedin, Twitter - we will create equivalent custom data fields and populate them by migrating the values from these.
- Workflows - please contact us if you have any workflows that populate Country of Registration, Stock Symbol, Linkedin or Twitter fields and we will work with you to migrate these to the new data model.
When will these changes take place?
We will start this on the 1st of September 2020.
What is being done to safeguard metadata?
None of your existing data will be lost during these changes. Your metadata can be migrated or exported from Gatekeeper at any point until 31st August 2021.
We will never share your data with any third party without your explicit permission, in accordance with our Data Protection Agreement.
Whom do I contact for help or questions regarding this change?
Your Gatekeeper representative. If unsure who this is, please engage our global Support Team.