This article will walk you through the steps to creating an Access Group.
In this Article:
Where to access Access Groups
We first go to Settings > Users
We then select Add > Access Group
Creating an Access Group
When you select Add>Access Group, you are presented with the ‘Add Access Group’ page:
The Title will appear in dropdown lists when choosing an Access Group, this should be short but descriptive.
Choose whether the access group will provision Administrator or Collaborator permissions.
Note. Role + Title is used to list access groups in dropdown lists
See our article on User Management Definitions to see the difference between Collaborator and Administrator functions.
If useful, give the access group a description to provide further context which is useful for system administrators.
Assigning the Objects
- Entity - If access to Entities is to be provisioned, please choose as many as are required
- Team - If access to Teams is to be provisioned, please choose as many as are required
- Category - If access to Categories is to be provisioned, please choose as many as are required
- Supplier - If access to Suppliers is to be provisioned, please choose as many as are required
- Contracts - Contracts linked to all of the core objects selected above will be provisioned automatically
When completed, you will end up with a page similar to the one below:
Assuming we are using the AND operator, this access group will provide Administrator Permissions to the Legal Teams Contracts where the Category is Commercial
Alternatively, if we were to use the OR operator, this access group would provide access to all Contracts within the Legal Team, and all Contracts associated with the Commercial Category (regardless of team)
For further information on the AND/OR operator, please, read this article.
Assigning Access Groups to Users
Once your Access Groups have been created, we need to assign them to our user base.
From the User Management page, identify the required user and select the 3 Dots > Edit
Then, under Role, select Custom > Select the Access Group
You can have multiple Access Groups assigned to individual users.